The aim of training candidates on N402 – Slinger/Signaller is to provide them with basic knowledge and practical skills to NPORS high standard. (National Plant Operators Registration Scheme)
All candidates will be trained and tested Allenby Training Ltd accredited Instructors.
Training also includes theory and practical test.
On successful completion of the NPORS assessments you will be issued with NPORS certification.
All candidates must have undertaken a Health and Safety Touch Screen Theory Test within the last 2 years.
CITB Grant possibly available to levy payers.
To be discussed on an individual basis
Experienced Worker Test – upon successful completion the candidate will be able to:
- Configure the weight and dimensions of loads and communicating this information to the crane operator
- Select appropriate lifting tackle, attaching and detaching it correctly and safely
- Direct the actions of a crane moving loads of various weights and dimensions, giving clear and unambiguous signals in such a manner as to ensure the safety of personnel and plant
- Determine the serviceability of lifting tackle maintaining and storing it correctly
- Be aware of the duties and responsibilities, as required by statute, of a slinger/signaller
- Be aware of the effects of load movement on the stability of a crane
- Have an understanding of potential hazards associated with crane operation how to overcome them
- Have an understanding of the effects of varying the angles of multi-leg slings and how to calculate their safe working loads
- Understand how to establish weights and dimensions of loads
- Be able to understand and conduct the standard code of plant equipment signals