The aim of training candidates on N109 – MEWP Scissor is to provide them with basic knowledge and practical skills to NPORS high standard. (National Plant Operators Registration Scheme)
All candidates will be trained and tested Allenby Training Ltd accredited Instructors.
Training also includes theory and practical test.
On successful completion of the NPORS assessments you will be issued with NPORS certification.
All candidates must have undertaken a Health and Safety Touch Screen Theory Test within the last 2 years.
CITB Grant possibly available to levy payers.
To be discussed on an individual basis
Experienced Worker Test – upon successful completion the candidate will be able to:
- Name and explain the purpose of principle components, the basic construction, controls and terminology
- Conform with manufacturers requirements as per the operators handbook, other types of information source and relevant regulations and legislation
- Undertake all pre-use checks
- Check emergency lowering functions
- Configure and set plant equipment for site travel
- Travel over inclines on level surfaces and rough terrain – where applicable
- Explain travel procedures and precautions over rough terrain and inclines
- Manoeuvre in confined spaces
- Configure and set plant for accessing duties
- Position the platform to access a work position
- Explain actions required for hazards, underground and overhead services
- Access working points up to full operating height
- Travel with a raised platform (where applicable) and employ extension units
- Carry out shut down and securing procedures
- Explain the loading and unloading procedures for machine transporting