The aim of training candidates on N001 – Industrial Counterbalance Forklift is to provide them with basic knowledge and practical skills to NPORS high standard. (National Plant Operators Registration Scheme)
All candidates will be trained and tested Allenby Training Ltd accredited Instructors.
Training also includes theory and practical test.
On successful completion of the NPORS assessments you will be issued with NPORS certification.
All candidates must have undertaken a Health and Safety Touch Screen Theory Test within the last 2 years.
CITB Grant possibly available to levy payers.
To be discussed on an individual basis
Experienced Worker Test – upon successful completion the candidate will be able to:
- Name and explain the purpose of principle components, the basic construction, controls and terminology
- Conform with manufacturers requirements as per the operators handbook, other types of information source and relevant regulations and legislation
- Undertake all pre-use plant checks
- Explain need and function of appropriate documentation
- Configure and ready for travel
- Travel to and Manoeuvre in confined spaces loaded and unloaded
- Configure and set for lifting and transferring operations
- Be aware of actions required for hazards, underground and overhead services
- Lift and remove various loads using the full working height of the forklift
- Transfer and place loads accurately at given locations
- Place and remove loads from a vehicle
- Maintain safe working situations
- Maintain safe and tidy working areas
- Carry out shut down and securing procedures
- Be aware of the loading and unloading procedures for machine transporting